Let’s face it, some of us spend a small fortune on our bikes (and I use the plural as most of us have more than one). So, why would we buy a cheap lock to protect our investment?
I for one was excited to get my hand on this small fortress to protect my bike when commuting through the city or when overnighting on a bike packing trip. At just under four pounds, you can be assured that your bike will be right where you left it upon your return.
The ABUS Bordo Granit X-Plus 6500 is just one in a line of high-security locks created by the 92-year-old German manufacturer.
The 6500 features hardened steel bars that are encased in an extra soft coating to protect your bike’s paint job. The ABUS Link Protection Shield offers high protection from sawing of the links. The lock body, links and supporting elements of the locking system use the same high quality steel that you’ll find in the bars themselves.
The patented X-Plus Key cylinder offers extremely high protection from picking and it can be keyed alike with other ABUS locks featuring the same X-Plus cylinder – very convenient for multi-lock and multi-bike households (like mine).
Like all locks in the Bordo family, the 6500 is simple to carry. The rattle free lock carrying case attaches easily to the frame via the silicone coated non-slip velcro straps or screws easily into the bottle-cage mounts (this option works well for me as I rarely use my bottle cages as more often than not…I am wearing a hydration bladder).
Available in black, red and white.
Weight: 3lbs 13oz
• 5.5mm steel bars
• Bars, links, and lock body are made of special hardened steel
• Soft-touch coating on the bars and matching silicone lock body cover protects bike’s paint job
• ABUS X-Plus Cylinder offers extremely high protection against picking
• Two keys supplied with the lock, one LED lighted
• ABUS Code Card for ordering additional or replacement keys
• Compact, versatile folding technology offers greater range of locking options